Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting - Waterbrook Sangiovese Rose


Name: Waterbrook Sangiovese Rose
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Washington
Country: U.S.A
Year: 2010
Price: $11.00 (VC Closeout Price: $5.95)

Critic ReviewA crisp wine with rose bud and watermelon aromatics. This dry Rosé has bright flavors of strawberry, melon with balanced acidity and lingering raspberry notes on the finish. 

My Review: While there was a floral scent, the wine tasted similar to very earthy, leaves.  I did not find any notes of berry fruitiness as mentioned in the review above.  The aftertaste was like that of dirt.  This wine received a Wine Spectator rating of 89 (printed on Vintage Cellar tasting sheet), which demonstrated to me that I cannot purchase wines solely on rating.

I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment