Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting - Villa Maria Private Bin Riesling


Name: Villa Maria Private Bin Riesling
Variety: Riesling
Region: South Island
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2008
Price: $18.00 (VC Closeout Price: $9.95)

Critic ReviewLight and fragrant, with pretty lime, grapefruit and elder blossom aromas and flavors that linger impressively on the extended finish. Drink now through 2013. -- Wine Spectator; August, 31 2009 (91 pts)

My Review: This wine was my first sample at the Vintage Cellar wine tasting closeout sale, and it happened to be my favorite of the night!  I first smelled a crisp somewhat sour smell.  I felt that my initial taste was musky, but after a few sips I could taste notes of fresh, citrus fruit.  After reading the critic review, I now know that the flavor I couldn't quite pinpoint was grapefruit.  I purchased this wine, and I am excited to see if my second taste is as positive as my first.

I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment