Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tasting - Palos Verdejo


Name: Palos Verdejo
Variety: 100% Verdejo
Region: Vinos de la Tierra
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $15.00 (VC Closeout Price: $4.95)

Critic Review: Castellana’s 2009 Palos Verdejo is medium straw-colored with a nose of fennel, spring flowers, citrus, and apple. Crisp and vibrant on the palate, this tasty offering is a good value that will deliver pleasure over the next 12–18 months. --The Wine Advocate; June 2010 (RP 87 pts)

My Review: I did not smell or taste the crisp fruitiness as described in the critic review.  I felt the aromatics were very bold and sour.  I tasted an earthy bitterness, where a grass-like flavor hit me as an ending note.  I did not personally like these flavors, but I did, however, find the wine to be very smooth.

I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment