Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tasting - Legaris Crianza


Name: Legaris Crianza
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Ribera del Duero
Country: Spain
Year: 2003
Price: $8.95

Critic ReviewOpens with floral, blueberry aromas, mineral notes and a spot of jammy candy. The palate is alert and well balanced, with grab and juicy flavors of raspberry and plum offset by a wave of buttery oak. Textured, full and satisfying on the finish. Very nice wine. -- Wine Enthusiast (89 pts)

My Review: This wine had a cedar, leathery flavor.  It was reminiscent of bark from an old tree or a library with "old people smell."  I actually really enjoyed this wine; however, it was pretty heavy.  While I completely got the oak flavor, I did not pick up on specific fruits as detailed in the critic review.  

I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment